Last Sunday morning


I sit here now on the last Sunday morning in our house. Tomorrow we begin the big move. I'm not looking forward to moving, but then, who ever is.
I'll miss this house, tremendously. As I've said in earlier posts, we've had a lot of good times here. But I suppose, in a way, I'm making it harder on myself thinking about all the good times we've had, as we're about to leave. But then again, this is the perfect time to think about them. I don't know, what the hell.
Anyway, yesterday I took all the stuff out of the attic. It was a big job, but as attics go, there wasn't that much stuff in there. It was mostly Halloween and Christmas decorations. We've always been big on decking the house out the max each holiday season. We enjoyed making the front yard a huge graveyard for Halloween. We had all the headstones and skeletons and fencing. The works. And for Christmas we were the house in the neighborhood that everyone talked about. The lights would go on and off to music and it usually pushed our electricity bill up a couple a hundred bucks.
We went to the apartment yesterday. It was a bit smaller than we had thought. We only had the floor plans to go by, since there wasn't an available unit to see in the small time frame we had to get a place to live. But it will do. It's not for ever. Probably a year or so. I will spend that time working my ass off on my books.
Well, that's all I have to right now.
Be nice to each other.
Later-

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2019

Freedom of Speech?

Finished another one