Love-


I’ve been thinking a lot about love today.

I write about love in my books.  I write about the love of a man for a woman.  The love of a mother for a son.  The love of two brothers for an over-sized grizzly bear.

But what is love, really?

Why is it so potent?

And why is it so elusive to some but so abundant to others? 

I think it all comes down to who you are inside.  What kind of person you are.  What you’re capable of. 

Love can be a breathtaking thing—like when two people find each other and know without a doubt they could not subsist without their other half ever again, without being a lesser individual than they were before.
The kind of love that overrides any kind of self-doubt.  The kind of love where you would set your own life aside for that person who has your heart. 

It doesn’t matter if you’re straight or gay.  If you’re a man in love with a woman, a woman in love with another woman, or a man with another man. 

Love doesn’t care. 

They say love is blind.  I think that’s true in more ways than one. 

Love can break your heart or fill it to excess.

Love.

What a simple word for such a powerful feeling.

I’ve been thinking a lot about love today.

Thank God for it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2019

Freedom of Speech?

Finished another one