Second day of a great future-





It’s the beginning of day two of 2012.  I have been filled with such feeling of elation I can’t even begin to explain it without demeaning it in some way.  I have never been so optimistic about an upcoming year.  I don’t really understand it. 

Perhaps it’s because I feel so much more connected with what I’m doing in my life regarding my writing and where I’m going with it.  Perhaps it’s the fact that I’m taking the horse by the reigns and I’m the one in control, instead of waiting for someone else to tell me it’s time.


But I’m not the only one who is feeling optimistic about the coming year.  Everywhere you look people are excited about what’s to come.  And I think that in itself is enough to celebrate.
 

Yesterday was a good day for me and Steve.  Aside from feeling a little hung over in the morning, we managed to get our butts to the gym.  We didn’t have a heavy workout, but we got there.  Part of our resolutions is to get back into working out like we used to.  No more of this once a week (or not at all a week).  Yesterday also marked six years that we quit smoking.  It was New Years Eve six years ago that we said enough was enough.  And we haven’t regretted it once.


I took New Year’s Eve and yesterday off from writing, but I’m getting back to it today.  I need to finish the second installment of my young-adult series since a few people who’ve read the first one have been bugging me for it. 

I also picked up Dean Koontz’s new book 77 Shadow Place yesterday and I need to get to reading that (yeah!).


Okay, that’s it for now.  I have work to do.  Have a great day, everyone.  And take some time to look off into the distance and imagine the good things that are headed your way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2019

Freedom of Speech?

Finished another one