Figuring it out as I go along

It's early Sunday morning.  The better half of my life just left for work, and I have poured myself a cup of coffee, and patiently await for its magical properties to take effect.

Yesterday was a bit difficult, as I was almost in a car accident due to another person's recklessness.  That proverbial last straw was almost reached, and I swore I would take out my retirement and throw the towel in so we could leave Austin and move to Colorado. 
But as my blood pressure returned to normal and my shaking subsided, pure common sense slowly found its way back into my subconsciousness.  With a mere two years to go, if I gave up my retirement, I would kick myself each morning I got up for work in the future for being so careless.

So, as the dawn of a new day breaks, I know there will be challenges that come with it.  And those challenges will have to be dealt with each in their own manner.  I will simply have to figure it out as I go along.

The writing has been going as well as expected, as I work on a computer that feels strange to me, awaiting the return of my own (it turned out to be the motherboard that quit). 
Book sales have been okay lately.  Of course they could always be better.  But my brain is constantly working on ways to market and get the word out there.  You know what they say about Rome, right?

As I write this entry, I am looking at the picture I posted.  The sun breaking over the horizon, shining over the clouds.  It's an inspirational picture.  An endless sky.  Endless possibilities for the future.  A crisp new day.  A crisp new future. 

That's what keeps me going: thinking of the future and all it holds.  Until that future gets here, and I'm forced to deal with the present, I'll simply have to do the best I can, and figure it out as I go along.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2019

Freedom of Speech?

Finished another one