It's that time again-

Well it's that time again.  Time to hear the word Olympics 20 times a day.  Time to see update commercials every five minutes.

Nah, it's not so bad.  It's actually a fun time.  It's an uplifting occasion. 
Even if you don't watch every event (and there's nothing that says you have to), there are still plenty of entertaining things going worth watching. 

The Summer Olympics are great.  I mean, I really like the winter Olympics, with the skiing and the ice skating and bobsled stuff. 

But the summer Olympics . . . The summer Olympics . . .What can I say?

There's something about the summer Olympics that makes it so special.  I can't seem to put it into words . . .


Like it's not just all the countries getting together in solidarity and all that la-di-da stuff.  There's something about these games that moves you every time they come around . . .


I don't know what it is.  Perhaps it's simply because it's summer, and it's the turning point of the year, that makes the games more enticing. 

No.  That's not it.  That's dumb. 

There's something more. 

It's like a feeling . . .


Yes, that's it. 

There's a warmth to the summer games.  A warmth. 

One might even say a type of heat . . .


I don't know exactly what it is about the summer Olympics that draws you in.  I simply know I'm exceptionally excited it's here.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2019

Freedom of Speech?

Finished another one