Another summer almost gone-

Thank God! It's August 25th.  The summer is almost gone.  At least this one, although extremely hot, wasn't as bad as last year.  Hopefully, the temperatures will begin to drop soon and we'll be able to go on walks with Buster without our skin feeling as if we've been placed in some old witch's oven inside a cottage made of goodies.

The summer went by pretty quickly.  My head was more often in Colorado than here, and perhaps that helped.  I simply need to continue using that trick for the next two years.

Ugh, two years.  When I say it out loud (or write it, as the case may be) it seems like forever.  But I know it's not forever.  I'm trying desperately to shorten that time.  Who knows, perhaps I'll be successful.  I hope so. 

As mentioned, a lot of my time is spent with my body doing one thing and my mind in Colorado.  I can't help but continuously picture a house in the woods with a cool porch.  A porch that will be buried in snow as we sit inside by the fire.  The woods outside our window becoming a winter wonderland. 

When we tell people we're moving to Colorado, we get the same reaction sometimes: "Oh, you're gonna get sick of the snow."
No, we won't.  That's the reason we're moving there.  We want the snow.  We want the change of seasons.  We want to be able to go outside and play in the snow.  We want all the things that we don't have living in the traffic-choked, crowded city of Austin.

And now, summer is almost over and the cooler temperatures will be descending upon us.  I can't wait.  At least while my mind is in Colorado, my body might feel as if it is there with it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2019

Freedom of Speech?

Finished another one