Treading water and going under


Once again I have  that all too familiar feeling that I'm treading water and running out of steam.  

I love writing, and I hate that I get to feeling like this at times, but it happens again and again.

Why?

Because I feel it's all for nothing.  I spend most of my hours at home sitting in front of the computer writing.  When I'm not doing that, I am on Twitter and FaceBook marketing.  I post and try to promote as much as possible, but then when the royalty check comes in every third quarter, I'm let down tremendously. 

I will retire from my day job in 10 months, and was looking forward to finally being a full-time writer.  But at the moment, I feel I will most likely have to get a part time job at some point, because sales from my books will do nothing to supplement my income.

Posting poor sales is probably not the greatest thing for an author to do, but that's what this blog is about- the good and the bad, and right now I'm feeling pretty badly.  I've written eleven books, and at times like these I feel it was a waste of time. 

It's difficult to not let it get to me when, with more than 400 "friends" on FB and 7,585 followers on Twitter, I sell one, perhaps two book a month.

I don't know what the future will hold for my writing, but I know if I don't feel more enthusiasm for it than I do now, I've most likely written my last book. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2019

Freedom of Speech?

Finished another one